NICKY AMAZON LODGE
Nicky Amazon Lodge is located close to Laguna Grande in the upper part of the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve. The lodge was built keeping the traditional Indigenous style of the amazon jungle, lovely huts so-called cabañas with thatched roofs. The lodge offers 15 ample and comfort rooms with double, triple, quadruple, or familiar accommodation including single or matrimonial beds, all with mosquito nets to keep you safe from biting insects during your rest. All furnished rooms have a private bathroom with hot water showers and flushing toilets. The fire safety devices, and rocedures are covered by this eco-lodge. All huts have balcony areas to relax and observe nature; go to the bed with the nocturnal sounds of the rainforest and early morning wake up with the singing of the birds, a quite experience.
Nicky Amazon Lodge gives the opportunity to treat yourself to a break away from the hustle and bustle of everyday lifestyle and relax in a natural environment deep in the Amazon Rainforest, with all comfort, warmth, and the best service. The entire staff of the lodge is ready to make enable a safe and pleasant stay. Delicious and nutritious meals with gourmet menus prepared by professional chefs, a mix of national and international cuisine using healthy and local products such as yucca or cassave too.
Additionally, catering for vegetarians or vegans. Purified drinking water is always available in the lodge as well as coffee, hot chocolate, or tea. And for the activities some snacks are provided too. The bar offers some drinks and exotic cocktails.
Naturalist Bilingual speaking Guides are specialized in Biology and ecotourism and are excited to share their knowledge with the visitors; their experience will make possible to discover the shy animals in the dense green of the rainforest. Their motto is “do the best for the costumer and giving him an unforgettable experience during his stay”
- A responsible tourism is a key point in our corporate philosophy. Local involvement with the communities is an essential part of our tourist operation in the Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve, our range of excursions has allowed us work together with Kichwas, Sionas, and Secoyas community’s.
We constantly provide training to our guides on topics such as security and first aid and more technical talks such as biology, ornithology, environmental education, among others. Additional we involve to the local staff about environmental education and promote them to keep their traditional customs that their ancestors have taught them throughout generations. Thus, inspiring their interest of personal and professional improvement career.
We know the local participation is a great support to reach our goal and to continue providing more work in this area through tourism also taking care the nature through a socially responsible activity.
Our long excursions deep in the jungle exploring the lower part of Cuyabeno Reserve and the border with Peru allows us to visit remote communities, becoming the only way of transportation traveling long distances so we can take donations to small local schools. We always care of the quality of food products; we always look for healthier. Some of them are local products, thus we help to the local economy.
– We have developed an Environmental Policy, which we must respect as much as possible, providing a sustained commitment to local communities and the environment to ensure we have a positive effect. It is about "giving something back".
✓ We take care of our natural resources’ through monitored process constantly. The solid and liquid waste disposal and the water treatment environmental uses biodigesters and filtration systems.
✓ Our latest achievement in the regular excursions, we have started the using of eco-friendly motors reducing CO2 pollution and lower noise levels. Additional our canoes were made by local communities using fiber material.
✓ We offer more activities such as hiking, paddling canoe and paddleboard to take care the environment and adds value to your experience in the nature.
✓ We encourage to reduce the use of bottles and plastic bags at the lodge with the staff as well as with our visitors and we ask the use of rechargeable batteries with our devices is very important for us.
✓ Our compost system allows us to manage the organic waste at the lodge. We appreciate all the living biodiversity through our activities while we walk in the forest or while exploring rivers and lagoons, which also allows us to learn how to protect it because this is the way we leave our best footprint in nature that is everyone's commitment
Get away from the normal sounds of the city in a natural environment during a tour of 3, 4, 5 days in the Amazon, which includes spacious and comfortable cabins; each one includes a hot water shower and private bathroom, as well as delicious food prepared by a very professional chef.
Enjoy our tours in the Amazon
The cabins have been built in the way that the local communities do. The cabins have balconies and sitting areas to enjoy the surroundings, and on the balcony you can enjoy a pleasant rest listening to the wonderful sounds of birds and insects during the day and night.
Our personalized service adapts to your desires and needs, making activities, food and lodging to make your stay at Nicky Amazon Lodge a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Our staff is very well trained in all areas to make your stay fun and relaxed while enjoying our Ecuadorian jungle.
Our friendly staff form the backbone of the Nicky Lodge experience, and are always available to cater to any special needs you may have.
offers meals with elaborate gourmet menus by professional chefs, a mix of national cuisine and international catering service for vegetarians or vegans are available provision if required
Respect for the environment through commitment to the human and natural environment A responsible tourism operation with natural and human resources, which are fragile and sensitive to being affected
Electricity is provided by solar panels.
Electricity is provided from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. for lighting and to recharge the batteries (110 AC).
Boots & Ponchos
Rubber boots (only up to # 43)
including purified bottled water
Learn about the different ecosystems and their balance in the rainforest. Take night walks to observe insects, spiders, snakes, amphibians and listen to nocturnal animals.
Purified drinking water is always available at the hostel, as well as coffee, hot chocolate or tea. And some snacks
• Early activities in the morning to observe many species of birds
• Observe the Amazon’s Pink and grey dolphins (Inia Geoffrensis & Sotalia Fluviatilis)
• Hike into the rainforest and learn about the medicinal and practical uses of the plants
.• Go on night walks to observe insects, spiders, snakes, amphibians and listen to nocturnal animals
• Learn about the different ecosystems and their balance in the rainforest
• Visit a Siona Family to share their customs and traditions
• Explore Laguna Grande and the flooded forest (macrolobium)
• Navigate in search of Caimans (Alligators)• Paddling silently in a dugout canoe to enjoy the sounds of the jungle
• Relax in a natural and spectacular place
• Learn more during captivating lectures given by our Naturalist Bilingual Guides
• Enjoy an amazing experience deep in the Amazon rainforest.
4 DAYS / 3 NIGHTS PROGRAM
- Transport by motor canoe from El Puente de Cuyabeno to the lodge, during the excursions and from the lodge to El Puente de Cuyabeno
- All meals according to program
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaking Naturalist Guide.
- Rubber boots (only up to # 43)
- Transfer from/to Quito
- Tips and bar expenses.
- Extra meals and drinks.
- tips and personal expenses
- Rubber boots (size larger than #43).
- Personal equipment: flashlight, water poncho.
- ORIGINAL PASSPORT
- Dry fast clothing is recommended.
- Long-sleeved shirt or blouse and long pants for the hikes into the rainforest.
- T-shirts & shorts.
- 4 pairs of socks.
- Rain poncho.
- Sandals or sneakers.
- Light wind-breaker and sweater or fleece (for the early morning and night activities.)
- Bathing suit and personal towel for swimming.
- Sun cap or hat and sun block.
- Sunglasses with a strap.
- One small day pack (waterproof.)
- Insect repellent.
- Headlamp or flashlight.
- Personal water bottle or canteen.
- Personal first aid kit (personal travel medicines.)
- Binoculars (10×42 are better.)
- Plastic bags (zip lock bags are the best to protect money, cameras, phones, binoculars, medicines and documents.)
- Wet wipes.
- Books to read.
- For children under 4 years and 11 months, a 100% discount on the tour rate is applied upon presentation of their passport.
- Important to consider: Children must travel accompanied by their parents and under their full responsibility, taking into account all the risks involved in this type of excursion.