MINDO CLOUD FOREST - 2 DAYS
Our two-day trip is a wonderful way to become acquainted with the special environment of a cloud forest so close to Quito - only one hour and 50 minutes away!
We offer our guests a unique stay in paradise, above the forest canopy, surrounded by myriads of hummingbirds!
You will enjoy our generous servings of wholesome international and national dishes, the fabulous views of forests and mountains, and our extensive network of safe, well-marked trails.
- Mindo: One of the main attractions is the hundreds of bird species that inhabit the exuberant protected forest, aside from the agoutis, anteaters, armadillos, and deer.
DAY 2: SANCTUARY OF WATERFALLS AND TARABITA – TUBING - IN THE AFTERNOON RETURN TO QUITO
We will visit the Sanctuary of the Waterfalls in the Mindo - Nambillo Ecological Reserve. We will arrive at this place in a "Tarabita" through an impressive scenario, the Tarabita was built to help travelers rise more than 150 meters above the ground, and they can travel between mountains and treetops until they reach the entrance of the waterfalls for We started a walk to the Nambillo waterfall (15 minutes) a wonderful place to swim and photograph. We can continue to the next waterfall by walking 30 minutes through a detour that leads to the Sanctuary of the Waterfalls, walking for approximately 1 hour through a virgin forest. After lunch (Not included) the adventure continues, Mindo has several rivers that run through the cloud forest with rapids that allow us to embark on a buoy downstream, tubing (Not Included) is a wonderful adventure in which we can enjoy intense emotions and adrenaline. In the afternoon return to Quito.
- Meals according to the program.
- Private transportation throughout the program with an English-speaking guide-driver
- Hotel accommodation in double rooms with breakfast included.
- Excursions according to itinerary
- Entrance fee to the butterfly farm, Chocolate Factory, Pululahua reserve, waterfalls Sanctuary, Tarabita, and Mitad del Mundo Museum.
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Meals are not specified in the program
- Alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages
- Tubing and equipment (Book directly on site)
- Personal expenses
- Bank transfer costs