OTAVALO CULTURAL TOUR - 3 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS
The 3 days and 2 nights tour of Otavalo is a wonderful way to discover and combine the famous indigenous market where artisans make handmade products in Ecuador and some of the incredible views of Otavalo. We will visit pristine and unforgettable places and of course Cultural.
- Otavalo: The indigenous town of Otavalo is famous in South America for its colorful market, diverse crafts and indigenous indigenous groups, but the area offers much more.
DAY 2: PEGUCHE – ILUMAN - SAN ANTONIO DE IBARRA - YAGUARCOCHA
After breakfast we will go to the small community of Peguche, known for its weaving. We will go to the Peguche Waterfall, a beautiful and spiritual site where the inhabitants, on the eve of Inti Raymi, take a sacred bath under the waterfall. Then we will visit a house-workshop of Andean musical instruments, specialized in wind instruments. Then we will visit another house-workshop to learn about the different weaving techniques, traditional dresses and we will visit the garden of their house with medicinal plants, here we will enjoy a traditional Andean meal. Then we will visit the small town of Iluman where many shamans live, we will participate in a traditional ritual called “limpia”. After lunch we will visit the small town of San Antonio de Ibarra famous for its artistic creations in wood. We will also visit the Yahuarcocha lagoon: which means "Lagoon of blood" which is historically known from the legend that a bloody indigenous battle took place on its shores and the lagoon was stained with blood, hence its name. back to the hotel.
HOTEL TOURIST CLASS: Pinsaqui or similar (subject to availability)
HOTEL FIRST CLASS: Hacienda Cusin or similar (subject to availability)
M EALS INCLUDED: BREAKFAST
DAY 2: COTACACHI – CUICOCHA LAKE - RETURN TO QUITO
Breakfast. The adventure continues towards the Cuicocha Lagoon in the Cotacachi – Cayapas Reserve. Cuicocha is a volcanic crater that has a diameter of 3 km. The islands in the center of Cuicocha has an endemic flora and fauna, we´ll have a boat ride around the lake and a hike to the lookout. Afterwards we´ll go to Cotacachi, famous for its leather articles. Time to the lunch and visit the shops. Return to in the afternoon
EALS INCLUDED: BREAKFAST
- Meals according to the program.
- Private transportation throughout the program with an English-speaking guide-driver
- Hotel accommodation in double rooms with breakfast included.
- Excursions according to itinerary
- Entrance fee to the Cuicocha lake
DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Meals are not specified in the program
- Alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages
- Tubing and equipment (Book directly on site)
- Personal expenses
- Bank transfer costs